SEED STARTER MAT - THE PERFECT SEED GERMINATION SOLUTION
WE START WITH A HEAVY OUTER LAYER TO PROVIDE MOISTURE AND WARMTH TO THE SEEDS. WE THEN ADD AN INNER LAYER OF A SOFT HEMP MATERIAL FOR THE SEEDS TO BE PLACED IN. IT’S THE UPDATED VERSION OF THE PAPER TOWEL METHOD.
Our Seed Starter Mat was designed for starting seeds safely and effectively.
Our Inside layer is made with an Organic Hemp blend that doesn’t contain dangerous chemicals. Many paper towel brands have additives and chemicals and the small roots can feed on them.
Our Seed Starter Mat also features a moisture retention layer on the outside that helps keep it moist for up to 24 hours to protect the seeds from getting dry during this process. (Even in dry climates we’ve had them stay moist for over 24 hours.)
Some growers soak their seeds in water for 12 hours before putting them in the Seed Starter Mat but that is not required based on our testing with this mat.
We suggest using clean water that is at room temperature. We also suggest keeping the Seed Starter Mat in a warm and dark place when starting seeds.
We recommend trying it before actually putting seeds in it so you can see how long it stays moist in your environment. Make sure to soak the Mat with plenty of water and don't forget to check on it!
We recommend hand washing our seed starter mat with an Organic soap similar to Dr. Bronners. We don’t recommend washing them in a machine. Just simply hand wash it.
If you let a seeds root get too long and it starts attaching to the mat, simply re-moisten the Seed Starter Mat to help release the seed.
** We don’t recommend using a heat mat with our Seed Starter Mat. It gets the seeds too hot **
Please read our disclaimer. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GERMINATION RATE OF YOUR SEEDS. This mat works great at retaining moisture and with healthy seeds you should have great success...but some seeds are just not as good as others.
HAND MADE IN OUR SMALL DENVER SHOP
The method we use for starting Cannabis seeds is:
1) Let a bowl of water sit overnight in a warm place.
2) Wash the Seed Starter Mat with an Organic Soap like @drbronner . Rinse it under the sink and get all the soap out. Don't wash in a machine. Hand wash. They easily was under the sink.
3) Completely saturate the clean Mat in the bowl of water. Put the seeds in the fully saturated Seed Starter Mat.
4) Put the Seed Starter Mat with the seeds and the bowl of water in a warm place like a cupboard.
5) Use the bowl of water to add water to the Seed Starter Mat when it starts to dry out. We suggest checking it morning and night and adding water to keep it wet when needed.
Tips- If you're a beginner and new to seed germination we suggest transferring your germinated seeds from your Seed Starter Mat to your grow medium when the root is between 1/4" to 1/2" long.
- If you let the roots get longer than 1/2" and they start growing lateral roots, get the Seed Starter Mat wet before removing them. Lateral roots are so small they can get stuck in almost any material so use caution when letting them get too long